Resplendent---- ????---any info

Califone-related rantings and ravings. Get your groove on and talk to us, baby!

Resplendent---- ????---any info

Unread postby hanwaker » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:17 am

this item was on ebay and there are more to get from where this came
also the person says there is a 2cd of Resplendent... no idea who is involved but the info on the EP reads
---------------------------------------
Casket City Wolves" - Resplendent (ep III) / Mixx Tape Ltd. Records (US) / MXT 003 / 2003 / CD Format
For these recordings, musicians were:

Michael Lenzi - all instruments, vocals (except)
Chris Neal - flute
Ben Massarella (Red Red Meat, Califone) - percussion
Joe Adamik - percussion
Tim Rutili (Red Red Meat, Califone) - guitar
Tracks are:

1. Pre-Dawn Jitters
2. Judas Priest Cul de Sac
3. Rise the Sun
4. Noonday Vultures Dub
5. Chrome Attracts
6. Casket City Wolves
7. Dreamers Dub
Total running time is: 25:44

Limited edition, housed in a tin, with insert - CD is not 'pressed', o/w this is in excellent condition
---------------------------------------
i gather it is a cd-r but i would like to know what the califone members above can tell us about this HUGO???
we are not used to people likeing what we do
(t. r. 3-21-04)
hanwaker
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby clavastudio » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:21 pm

Replendent is Mike Lenzi. Former member of the bands Number One Cup and Fire Show. There are currently 4 Resplendent CD's, all of which you can get through us at Perishable. The recordings are a combination of home and studio work and are well done by people who know how to make a good recording. Mike gets folks he likes and respects to play music with him. We like Mike, so we try to help him get his product out there...
"how was that take?"

"it sucked...c'mon in..."
clavastudio
Wingbone

Unread postby owl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:45 pm

I guess I'll have to pick up a few of those. Is there one to start with?
Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage. — Edward Abbey

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby clavastudio » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:39 pm

The one that I'm most familiar with is the latest I Am Free/Am I Free.

this is a 2 CD set, but it's not long. It's between 40 and 50 minutes total, I think. I transferred the basics from Michael's tape machine to the studio computer so he could have it mixed and it wasn't hugely long or anything. He's concieved and packaged it in a way that makes the listener get up to hear the 2nd half...just like they had an LP to flip. That's what he told me, anyway.

I think the sonic and conceptual quality of Michael's work improves with each one. Maybe you wanna start with this latest one and work backwards if you like what you hear? I dunno. It all had to pass muster with the musical tastes of the disparate members of the Perishable family for us to want to help him sell it. We like it all, for whatever that's worth...
"how was that take?"

"it sucked...c'mon in..."
clavastudio
Wingbone

Unread postby hanwaker » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 pm

thanks -clavastudio -for all the info

i just listened to it *and i propose to owl to start with *number 3 as it has rutili massarella +adamik on it-- to answer my own question---look here
http://www.resplendentmusic.com
a bit quirky but you will get along---- and michael just informed the buyer of the cd on ebay about a cheaper way to get it----

http://perishable-store.stores.yahoo.ne ... denti.html
we are not used to people likeing what we do
(t. r. 3-21-04)
hanwaker

Unread postby mike » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:04 am

Mike makes good music...I'd advise the same as Clava to start with I Am Free and work backwards. Each release is better than the one before IMO. I'm pretty sure there are mp3s you can listen to at Resplendent's site to help you decide which you like best.
The Rutili/Adamik/Massarrella contribution to Casket City Wolves is much more subtle than other records they've pitched in on so don't expect to really hear their sound on the record, the sound is all Lenzi.
mike

Return to Sparrows beneath your eyelids