New music from the califone gang anytime soon?

Califone-related rantings and ravings. Get your groove on and talk to us, baby!

New music from the califone gang anytime soon?

Unread postby zoosleuth » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Just curious what ever happened to the deceleration stuff that was recorded over the month of residency at that place on Milwaukee a while back?

Also, I remember reading in an interview that there was a lot of material left over from Roots and Crowns that might see the light of day.

Just jonzing for some new califone material.
zoosleuth
Wingbone

Unread postby owl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Personally, I don't know, but I there may be an Everybody's Mother vol. 2 in the works and a couple other projects as well. It seems like the Califone guys are always recording, so that's a plus. Other than that vagueness, I don't have any info.
Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage. — Edward Abbey

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby clavastudio » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:57 pm

As I've said here on other threads, there is so much material in the can from various sources that I get a little overwhelmed by it sometimes. There's studio stuff, side project stuff, live muti-track recordings that'll blow minds, all that new Deceleration material... I don't think any of it will see the light of day until Tim is ready to devote time and energy to present it the way he wants. Both time and energy have been in short supply recently. Please be patient. Thank you all for your support and interest. Bringing it up here is a good way to let the guys know you want more and knowing there's a desire can only help to foster some efforts to make new material available. I want this stuff to be heard as much as the guys in the band but like them, it serves no one well to put out "unfinished" stuff just for the sake of putting out stuff. You all expect a certain level of quality from the Califone/Perishable/Clava Studio group, and, speaking for the band, we'll deliver that quality or the material will stay hidden...
"how was that take?"

"it sucked...c'mon in..."
clavastudio
Wingbone

Unread postby ho » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Well, Califone hasn't really done the lo-fi thing, a little bit in the early years, not not much recently. How about releasing that unfinished stuff and call it lo-fi!!! i'd buy it!
ho
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby Nervous John » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:56 pm

I want more . . . but I can and will be patient. I'll buy pretty much any ol' piece-o-plastic with the Califone name on it, so I appreciate it that the band takes the time to make sure that they think they're releasing good stuff.

And they haven't been wrong so far.

Anyhow, this has been a good opportunity to go back and listen to some of the older things I haven't listened to in a while.
I wish I was a mole in the ground.
Nervous John
Cheater

Unread postby ho » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Tim's been doing a lot of soundtrack stuff lately. Mebbe he'll chime in and let everybody know all the stuff he's been working on.

Tim?
ho
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby zoosleuth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:19 pm

I've wondered about the newest set of deceleration material for some time. I was lucky enough to make it to all the Rodan shows and it was really a treat.

It's hard to be patient knowing how good those shows were. :lol:
zoosleuth
Wingbone

Unread postby andu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 am

New material, tour again on Roots and Crowns, vague notes on possible music... I'd take any of these :) Just a simple "Yes, we're alive" works too...
andu
Cheater

Return to Sparrows beneath your eyelids