QUICKSAND AND CRADLESNAKES vinyl - 1st/2nd pressings

Califone-related rantings and ravings. Get your groove on and talk to us, baby!

QUICKSAND AND CRADLESNAKES vinyl - 1st/2nd pressings

Unread postby noredtape » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:44 am

How can I tell whether a Quicksand and Cradlesnakes LP is from the 1st pressing or the 2nd pressing?
noredtape
Sawtooth

Unread postby mike » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Thrill Jockey shows the LP as being out of print so I would take that to mean that if you have one be glad and just listen to it.

On a side note if people are looking for the Roots & Crowns LP still, I found three sealed copies in a small record store in Memphis that I rarely shop at. I think it was the first version with the Ox on it.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Re: QUICKSAND AND CRADLESNAKES vinyl - 1st/2nd pressings

Unread postby gebes » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:15 pm

hey there...the first pressing is a multiple color print with a bull on the front (sometimes people think it is a dragon) and on the back there are three blocks of color with text scratched into it...if you score a copy that has blue brown or red on the back you are extra lucky, because those were less than 10% of the run.

second pressing has a rabbit, is light blue and black, and has black text on the back.

that's how you tell.
gebes
The Cutter

Unread postby noredtape » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:39 am

gebes wrote:hey there...the first pressing is a multiple color print with a bull on the front (sometimes people think it is a dragon) and on the back there are three blocks of color with text scratched into it...if you score a copy that has blue brown or red on the back you are extra lucky, because those were less than 10% of the run.

second pressing has a rabbit, is light blue and black, and has black text on the back.

that's how you tell.

The cover of Quicksand and Cradlesnakes looks something like this. (That's the CD cover, on the LP I think you can see more of the picture.)

In the time since I asked that question, I tracked down some info that said the second pressing is Thrill Jockey/THRILL122, so I would assume that to be somewhere on the sleeve.

But the Roots and Crowns info is interesting. I knew about the Rabbit/Cow but hadn't heard about the text difference before. Cool!
noredtape
Sawtooth

Unread postby gebes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:23 pm

oops! how did i get that? sorry, yeah, i'm not sure how you tell on the quicksand except for maybe it might have a different date on the back. though i haven't seen a second pressing, so i'm not sure if that's correct
gebes
The Cutter

Return to Sparrows beneath your eyelids