Hotels near Lincoln Hall shows?

Califone-related rantings and ravings. Get your groove on and talk to us, baby!

Hotels near Lincoln Hall shows?

Unread postby foobario » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:10 pm

We're flying out from Portland OR to see the March shows at Lincoln Hall... this being our third Califone-related visit. Two shows in a row (one of which lets us see the film again) is hard to pass up, especially since flying to Chicago costs less (literally) than buying tickets to next week's Portland show (opening for Wilco) from the scalpers. More Califone + fewer scalpers = happier Foobarians.

Last time we came out for shows at the Empty Bottle we stayed at the Ruby Room on W Division and it was very nice. It's not that difficult taking two trains from there to Lincoln Hall, so we may do that again - we liked the neighborhood, nice restaurants and night life. But if there is someplace nice within walking distance of the shows we'd probably do that. We're not looking for anything ultra fancy, just clean and comfy. Don't need room service or anything... wi-fi would be nice though.

Anyone got a recommendation for hotels/B&Bs/whatever in the area of the shows? (Or contrariwise, recommendations that we not stay in that area? It's all lines on a map to me, I don't know what the neighborhoods are like.)

Thanks,

foobario
foobario
Sawtooth

Re: Hotels near Lincoln Hall shows?

Unread postby braindead » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Hey,

We met at the second RRM show at the Bottle last year, I remember you telling me that you two had flown in for the shows.

I've never stayed at a hotel around Lincoln Park since I live in the Chicago burbs, but it's a very nice area, you should have no problems.

I'm sending along a link to a few hotels and B & B's in the area. They all look pretty nice, with different price ranges.

Hope you find something you like and that you enjoy the shows!

http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8
braindead
Heron King

Unread postby foobario » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Hey braindead! Nice hearing from you.

Thanks for the info on the area... Chicago is still pretty new for us. Basically if Califone just keeps playing different places, we'll have it all mapped out before too long.

Looking forward to the shows,

foobario
foobario
Sawtooth

Unread postby mike » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 am

Last time I visited Chicago, which was prob 4 years ago, my wife and I stayed at a B&B in the Bucktown area. It was hands down the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in my entire life... I'm not exagerating. The rates seemed reasonable for Chicago ($150/night). It was a two block walk from the blue line (I think) and had a ton of great eateries in walking distance. The owner was even kind enough to drop us off at the Hideout for a Califone show.
http://www.raysbucktownbandb.com/
Wish I could see a Califone show in Chicago or otherwise... I'm envious.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby foobario » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks for the info, Mike. I'll check it out.
foobario
Sawtooth

Unread postby gs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 pm

I can't offer hotel recommendations but I just wanted to chime in that I'm also flying into Chicago for the Lincoln Hall show. Our Birmingham performance was canceled back in the fall so this'll be my first first time seeing the film. I've made the Chicago/Califone pilgrimage a couple times before, too--the hometown shows are great.
gs
Wingbone

Return to Sparrows beneath your eyelids