Long Lines at the Polling Places

Playful musings, 3rd rate psychiatric evaluations, and more (or less).

Long Lines at the Polling Places

Unread postby Nervous John » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:44 pm

I hope this means that millions of people are sick of Bush and are turning out to turn him out. . .

But it could mean that millions of people are so scared of terrorists that they are showing up to make sure Bush stays in . . .
I wish I was a mole in the ground.
Nervous John
Cheater

Unread postby tree » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:57 pm

not to overstate the fact (said the drama king), but this election WILL determine the direction of this country for a generation. if bush is reelected, i definitely look for an uptick in the canadian population. i know i'll do my best to sneak on in (luckily, i have a sister there). more than the fear of being drafted or going bankrupt, a majority for bush would scare the living shit out of me on the basis of my fellow 'murcans. with all due respect to everyone's votes, belief systems, etc...a vote for bush means that you aren't paying one shred of attention and/or you really do not care anymore. either that, or you work for halliburton. this emperor has had no clothes since day one. let's make sure hes naked in the street by this time tomorrow. worst. administration. ever.
tree
Sawtooth

Unread postby ho » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:02 pm

I'm thinking France would be nice for four years or so. Maybe Southern France, just above Spain. I think i'll take time off and train, become a better bike racer. I think i'll have to start eating cheese and damn, i'm gonna be drinking so much wine!
ho
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby Nervous John » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:30 pm

I've always been partial to Italy. Sicily, in particular. The thing is, Italy's Prime Minister (Silvio Berlusconi) is just as bad -- and perhaps even worse(!)-- than Bush.

So . . . I'm thinking maybe Ireland. Dublin is a fun city. Cork is nice too. Maybe I'll learn to play that little tiny tin-whistle thing and join a traditional Irish band.
Nervous John
Cheater

Unread postby pshp » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:48 pm

pshp
Admin

Unread postby mike » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:09 am

this one has found it's way into my mailbox more than once:
http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov

hey pshp make shure your chad ain't just pregnant or hangin'!
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby pshp » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:07 am

i'm a canadian citizen. i am not allowed to have a chad to fuck with.
pshp
Admin

Unread postby Nervous John » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:29 pm

This is really disheartening and frustrating. I sort of suspected that Bush was going to win, but I also thought that the Democrats would gain control of the Senate (which is important for nominations to the Supreme Court) and maybe pick up a few seats in the House . . .

In 2000, Bush lost the popular vote, and was picked to be President by a partisan Supreme Court. Yet he still pursued a right-wing agenda as if he won in a landslide. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT KIND OF CRAP WE ARE GOING TO SEE FOR THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS NOW THAT BUSH HAS A "MANDATE"???

I read some stupid exit poll where the people who voted for Bush overwhelmingly cited "terrorism" and "social issues" as their reasons for supporting Bush. Coming in third was "taxes." So, basically, the people who voted for him are: (1) scared to death of terrorists-- so scared that they'll abandon some of the bedrock principles of this Nation; (2) scared of gays; and (3) selfish-- they're rich people who want to keep the tax gifts that Bush gave them.

That is one hell of a coalition. The Democrats can't compete with that.

Welcome to the beginning of Empire and the gradual death of our Republic?

Last night, I feel asleep on the couch watching the election returns on the couch with the sound muted. My basement is dug up because of plumbing problems. My house is falling down and I feel like the country I love has turned its back on the principles I believe in.

There was once a time when the only thing we had to fear was fear itself-- if we believed in the founding principles and each other, we could get through the Depression, WWII, Jim Crow, Segregation.

Now, this President has campaigned -- AND WON-- on exploiting fear. Fear of terrorism. Fear of "others" who do things in their bedroom that fundamentalists disapprove of.

At least Obama won in Illinois and sent the insufferable Keyes packing.

Dear Califone: I am going to come to one or more of your Deceleration shows this month, and you guys better kick some ass and restore my faith in the People of this country. No pressure.
Nervous John
Cheater

Unread postby tree » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:49 am

well, you know...i do agree with nervous john (i'm now nervous tree)...the next two years (before midterms in 06) will be the scariest of our lives to date. welcome to theocratic rule, welcome to a new and improved draft (that shit has already started), welcome to personal liberties being stripped, beaten, fucked and left for dead...welcome to it all. fifty-fucking-eight fucking million fucking people in this country have their head buried so far up their ass, they could shit through their nostrils. I'm ill.
tree
Sawtooth

Return to Weightless repetition