bored with your reality?

Playful musings, 3rd rate psychiatric evaluations, and more (or less).

bored with your reality?

Unread postby pshp » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:57 am

i saw a good movie today - What the bleep do we know?
http://www.whatthebleep.com/

an entertaining overview on the basics of quantum physics, spirituality and the effects of our thoughts and emotions on a cellular level. if you're into that sort of thing, this movie probably won't tell you anything you don't already THINK you know. i liked it, but i went in expecting more depth. it didn't quite deliver what i was looking for. still it was cool and pretty to look at. i always enjoy pondering the question "how far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?"

if we humans truly are capable of creating and changing our perceptions of reality, why then don't we? apparently we are hoplessly addicted to this reality. i'm bored with my addictions, for the most part.
pshp
Admin

Unread postby mike » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:31 am

I was pretty disappointed with What the Bleep..., the way the info was presented got a tad bit annoying to me, but that's not to say it wasn't good info. About a year ago the PBS show Nova did a great 3-part show on quantum physics that was much prettier to look at and presented the info better. I missed it when the show aired and was able to watch it on the Nova website. I might still be there to see if you missed it and have a high speed connection. Check it out if you can.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby pshp » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:31 am

i'm assuming that you're talking about the elegant universe, and yeah...i thought it was a much better presentation in all respects. the book is good too. what the bleep seemed to be trying to cover too much too fast. i did like the info on emotions, because i just finished reading the molecules of emotion, by candace pert. that stuff fascinates me, and i would love to see an entire movie on that topic alone.

the presentation was a little cheesy at tiimes in what the bleep. for sure. i didn't feel like i wasted my money though. it was a nice reminder for me to not take everything so friggin' serious all the time.
pshp
Admin

Unread postby Redington » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:32 pm

I liked it. It was cheesy and stuff, but they are "hip" scientists and whatever, so I take it how I can get it.

I liked I Heart Huckabees more, though.
Redington
Wingbone

Unread postby tom kha gai » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:52 pm

I Heart String Theory
tom kha gai
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Return to Weightless repetition