Sin Ropas EP

Red Red Meat, Loftus and other musical synthesis. Six degrees of Califone.

Sin Ropas EP

Unread postby chicken » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:22 pm

greetings from the sunny lands of kansas! this my very first post here as a member, 'tis good to find like-minded folk.

sin ropas' new ep is now available for purchase. limited edition, numbers are limited....and danni is about the coolest woman evar.
they've redone their website such that you can now hear a couple clips from the ep. "X is for Christmas" is one of the clips. heavens to mergatroid, it is more infectious than the bird flu, more dreamy than mozart on copious absinthe, and severs whatever tenuious tether you may have to this beautiful planet.

i sure wish their music had a corporeal body, because i would date it, woo it, charm it, and generally be a Svengali so i could....uuuhh...yeah :wink:
with the guts of the last priest we will strangle the last king. --diderot
chicken
Sawtooth

Re: Sin Ropas EP

Unread postby pshp » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:05 am

chicken wrote: heavens to mergatroid, it is more infectious than the bird flu, more dreamy than mozart on copious absinthe, and severs whatever tenuious tether you may have to this beautiful planet.

i need me some of this action! esp. if it involves mergatroid. thanks for the post. sounds pretty dreamy.
pshp
Admin

Unread postby chicken » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:44 pm

sounds pretty dreamy.

"pretty" dreamy is a vast understatement. it IS Dream. i suspect the feds will classify the music as a Class I substance. enjoy it while you still can legally!!

alas though :( , with no responses i fear i'm the only little soul reverberating to it.
chicken
Sawtooth

Unread postby señor vaca » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:23 pm

must buy now. damn!
yesterday i was recording the sound of the flying clouds, just as usual.
but what i then got to hear was harming me.
today i don't record the cloud's sounds.
señor vaca
Heron King

Unread postby Redington » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:23 pm

$15 for 5 songs is pretty steep. That's $3/song. I'd like it, but I can't afford to be spending that much money on that little music.
Redington
Wingbone

Unread postby chicken » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:02 pm

Redington wrote:$15 for 5 songs is pretty steep. That's $3/song. I'd like it, but I can't afford to be spending that much money on that little music.

you're right, that is steep. i make a reasonable living as a single college prof, so i have a good allowance for play money. (at least the cd doesn't go down the drain, like the fifteen bucks would if i were to have spent it on cheap bourbon :D )

the CD came with an iron-on thingy--an image taken from the cover of trickboxes on the pony line. hopefully i can get one of the ladies to help me with it as i can barely manage to wash my own laundry, let alone anything that involves an iron.

1. "Stutter" slow and sauntering, hypnotic, a strange dark undertone. some schweet guitar work, the sound of drugged-up frankenstein negotiating steep stairs.
2. "Joleme" (could be jolene, but i think it's an M, not an N...the text is rather small on the sleeve). kinda bluesey. rather intelligible lyrics, at least for SR.
3. "Broketail Squirrel" woo hoo!! this track is profoundly too short; it's only like a minute and a half long. :( wonderful catchy little rifts and rhythyms...how many vocal tracks are sandwiched into this?...makes me wanna shake my tailfeathers.
4. "Reek Flat Stiff" until i can decipher tim, i'm gonna think this is a weird song about roadkill or something strange like that. can't really tell. steep multi-layered acoustics. the last third of the track has some gentle harmonic howling, very cool sounds.
5. "x is the christmas" uhh...yeah. i won't blather about this one any more than what i have already.

thought i'd share some very first impressions with ya'all. and for the record: danni has some lovely handwriting....which isn't really that surprising. one of these tracks is supposed to be a cover, i've no clue which one.
i'd be interested to read what others may have to say about this fancy little EP (with the copper-plate rub on the cover).
chicken
Sawtooth

Unread postby doctormeter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm

I wish someone would post some samples... I NEED to hear this.
doctormeter
The Cutter

Return to Fingers in the spokes