Redington wrote:$15 for 5 songs is pretty steep. That's $3/song. I'd like it, but I can't afford to be spending that much money on that little music.
you're right, that is steep. i make a reasonable living as a single college prof, so i have a good allowance for play money. (at least the cd doesn't go down the drain, like the fifteen bucks would if i were to have spent it on cheap bourbon
the CD came with an iron-on thingy--an image taken from the cover of trickboxes on the pony line. hopefully i can get one of the ladies to help me with it as i can barely manage to wash my own laundry, let alone anything that involves an iron.
1. "Stutter" slow and sauntering, hypnotic, a strange dark undertone. some schweet guitar work, the sound of drugged-up frankenstein negotiating steep stairs.
2. "Joleme" (could be jolene, but i think it's an M, not an N...the text is rather small on the sleeve). kinda bluesey. rather intelligible lyrics, at least for SR.
3. "Broketail Squirrel" woo hoo!! this track is profoundly too short; it's only like a minute and a half long.
wonderful catchy little rifts and rhythyms...how many vocal tracks are sandwiched into this?...makes me wanna shake my tailfeathers.
4. "Reek Flat Stiff" until i can decipher tim, i'm gonna think this is a weird song about roadkill or something strange like that. can't really tell. steep multi-layered acoustics. the last third of the track has some gentle harmonic howling, very cool sounds.
5. "x is the christmas" uhh...yeah. i won't blather about this one any more than what i have already.
thought i'd share some very first impressions with ya'all. and for the record: danni has some lovely handwriting....which isn't really that surprising. one of these tracks is supposed to be a cover, i've no clue which one.
i'd be interested to read what others may have to say about this fancy little EP (with the copper-plate rub on the cover).
with the guts of the last priest we will strangle the last king. --diderot