europe tour 2007 reviews setlist and all

Setlists, show reviews, live downloads, and old-fashioned bootleg trading.

europe tour 2007 reviews setlist and all

Unread postby hanwaker » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:10 pm

dingwalls 2007-01-24

from ablog link below

Califone
Went up to Dingwalls in Camden last night to see the band Califone and supports with the lovely Jane, her fiance Greg and Chris in tow. It was a brilliant night, all up. The first band were alright, and what they may have lacked in the song dept., the certainly made up for in the funny suit dept, so all was well.

Califone, though, were really quite a pleasant surprise. Kind of like a more folky, rocky, and vocal version of The Dirty Three ...... only less depressing and .. well, probably the only thing they had in common was a violin ...

... but they added a Banjo to the repertoire .. which made for a happy, albeit disproportianately large and rather drunken, Tangles.

for 3 pix go here

http://tangleso.blogspot.com/index.html
we are not used to people likeing what we do
(t. r. 3-21-04)
hanwaker
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby ho » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Was there a Ben beating on things at the show? You said dirty three, was it just three then and not dirty four?
ho

Unread postby hanwaker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:28 pm

ho

i was only quoting from a blog i did not write this the bloggers compares them to the band The Dirty Three

i have no idea yet if they are 3 or 4 on this tour but i wll get a report from the leuven show on jan 30 and will see the feb 4 +6 shows
we are not used to people likeing what we do
(t. r. 3-21-04)
hanwaker

Return to Worn out frets