Vinyl Version

New LP and tour!!

Vinyl Version

Unread postby Jackpot » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:30 am

Folks, I just got a copy of the new album on vinyl and must say that the artwork is splendid. It is one of the nicest covers I've ever seen.

If you're at all interested in getting the LP, act quickly. There are only 1,000 copies.
Jackpot
The Cutter

Unread postby nat » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:49 am

Anybody know where to find the Vinyl in Chicago? I tried Reckless on Broadway and Lauries' with no luck.
nat
Heron King

Unread postby owl » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 am

This guy has 4 available:

Link.
Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage. — Edward Abbey

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby mike » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Kudos to Gina on the covers, they look splendid.
I think the cheapest way to get the vinyl version is direct from Thrill Jockey ($11). I dicovered this after getting mine from a small local shop that charged more, but in todays internet buying age the local indie stores need support more than ever.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby mike » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:06 pm

Disregard my note about getting at Thrill Jockey...I just went there to grab a link and it said they are sold out already. Grab 'em quick when you find them if you want one.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby owl » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:02 pm

Yeah, as far as I know, Thrill Jockey has been sold out since before Tuesday!!

I think, though, that this really means that A LOT of the copies are on tour with Califone. So- if you're planning to catch a show, don't spend too much on a vinyl copy. Wait and see if they have it on tour.

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby gs » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:03 pm

Agreed. The vinyl covers are stunning, and the sound is amazing. It cranks up loud so well and seems to add another dimension to the album's production. Get one when you can.
gs
Wingbone

Unread postby owl » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:23 pm

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby Jackpot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:05 pm

It's also worth noting that the colors vary from copy to copy. Mine's blue and red.
Jackpot
The Cutter

Unread postby zoosleuth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Insound is out. Also, the guy who was selling 3 of them on ebay had his account revoked (after I purchased on through Buy It Now). I have yet to see a refund come through PayPal

Anyone have any other leads on where they may be available? I would really love to have the vinyl version if it's still out there.
zoosleuth
Wingbone

Unread postby owl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:16 pm

Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

I should be able to get my hands on several copies in early November, though, so hang in there.

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Unread postby Idiot Son » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:00 am

I'm sure that they have a lot of copies on the tour but I bet they are moving pretty fast. I picked one up at the SF show and I noticed a lot of people walking around with copies. That was the day the record was released and everybody seemed to opt for the vinyl rather than the cd. I hope you all can track one down.
Idiot Son
Sawtooth

Unread postby Wendy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:14 am

zoosleuth wrote:Insound is out. Also, the guy who was selling 3 of them on ebay had his account revoked (after I purchased on through Buy It Now). I have yet to see a refund come through PayPal

check your PM - I bought one from that eBay guy, and did get my vinyl from them with a little effort.

I was at the Chicago show on 10/21, and when I walked in just prior to Califone's set, they had no copies of the vinyl left. But they had a couple of the lovely CD Everybody's Mother Vol. 1. :D
Wendy
Sawtooth

Unread postby zoosleuth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 pm

So I called this morning and was informed that the person handling the ebay account wasn't in but that he would give me a call.

...in the meantime...

I just received a Roots and Crowns record in the mail from "Punk Planet". Wonder if the ebayer hurried around and found copies from other suppliers since he over extended himself.

I had also bought one from Insound, but they credited my account and sent an email apologizing, so I'm assuming this must be from the Ebayer.

Hope he does call so I can say thanks.

Can't wait to get home and give it a listen.

Wendy, thanks for the help!
zoosleuth
Wingbone

Unread postby Wendy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:30 am

Well, my hunch is that since I got mine OK, and you got yours OK, he probably had the vinyl but just screwed up his eBay rating enough to be yanked as a seller. I think we got lucky, actually.

Happy vinyl listening! :)
Wendy
Sawtooth

Unread postby owl » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Maybe try this to see if any stores carry the vinyl (no guarantees!):

Froogle

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Return to Stitches