It's About Time!

New LP and tour!!

It's About Time!

Unread postby SlowRtHand » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:31 pm

califone and iron and wine are FINALLY touring together! (as you all know) i think they're also due to collaborate in the studio as iron and wine did with calexico. i saw califone open for iron and wine 2 summers ago in an empty pool in brooklyn... none of the new yorkers had any idea who califone were. anyone else go to that?
gave up on your twisted code gods eyes are crossed maybe just like yours
SlowRtHand
Sawtooth

Unread postby mike » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:33 am

I think a several of the Califone guys contributed on Iron & Wine's new record.
mike
On the Steeple with the Shakes

Unread postby SlowRtHand » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:36 pm

mike wrote:I think a several of the Califone guys contributed on Iron & Wine's new record.

true, but im talking about something like what califone did with orso on the homesleep singles club or in the reigns by iron and wine/calexico
gave up on your twisted code gods eyes are crossed maybe just like yours
SlowRtHand
Sawtooth

Unread postby clavastudio » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:50 pm

An Iron and Wine/Califone record might be putting the cart just a bit before the horse at this point, though I wouldn't discount it. I suspect that later this winter when Hugo has time he may update us.

Please remember that everyone is VERY busy. Lookit the tour schedule for both organizations. Remember that our friends have families...families that are hard to be away from and make (understandable) demands on time. I know there is desire to return to studio confines soon. Let's not press the issue for either Hugo or Mr. Beam...they have other things to focus on just now.

Perhaps a bone to throw is that there is a new oRSo record coming. It's done. It's very good. All of the Califone guys are prominently featured. There is also another offering complete that prominently features members of Califone. It also is very good. I'm confident that when news of that recording is ready to be made public, the Pastrysharp community WILL hear about it and bask in it's wonderfulness...

If you haven't already figured it out, I predict that 2008 will prove to everyone just how talented this extended group of artists is. I continue to be amazed by them all and feel privledged to work with them every chance I get...
"how was that take?"

"it sucked...c'mon in..."
clavastudio
Wingbone

Re: It's About Time!

Unread postby owl » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:15 pm

SlowRtHand wrote:califone and iron and wine are FINALLY touring together! (as you all know) i think they're also due to collaborate in the studio as iron and wine did with calexico. i saw califone open for iron and wine 2 summers ago in an empty pool in brooklyn... none of the new yorkers had any idea who califone were. anyone else go to that?

I was at that show. Good stuff.
Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage. — Edward Abbey

pastrysharp
owl
Snakehandler

Return to Stitches